Great Massingham is a stunning village nestling in the West Norfolk countryside.
The Parish Council strive to maintain the village and our interests include:
- General village maintenance including the greens
- Road Safety/ Highway maintenance – working with Norfolk County Council
- Fishing and pond maintenance
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- Working with the Youth Club
- Supporting the Village Hall and The Church
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Grass cutting of the greens
- Village incidents
We also have specific committee members taking responsibility for the above plus helping The Preschool, Primary School, Community Cars and the Historical Society.
Several large ponds dominate the village, some of which have their origins as the fish ponds for an 11th century Augustinian Abbey.
The village’s origins are thought to go back to the 5th century, but today it is still a thriving community with a Village Shop and Post Office, Village Hall, Social Club and Bar, Sports including Tennis and Bowling and a Pub, The Dabbling Duck. We also have excellent Preschool and Primary Schools.
The village church, St Mary’s has represented the focal point of village life for hundreds of years.