NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL proposes to make a Temporary Traffic Order affecting the C66 Station Road from a point 400 metres north of its junction with the U22010 Church Lane for a distance of 50 metres northwards in the PARISH OF LITTLE MASSINGHAM because of drainage works.
The road will be temporarily closed (except for access) from 6th January 2020 to 10th January 2020 for the duration of the works, expected to be 5 days within the period.
Alternative route is via: Station Road, Lynn Lane, Massingham Road, Congham Road, Grimston Road, Fakenham Road, Nethergate Street (Great Massnigham/ Hillington/ Congham/ Flitcham with Appleton/ Harpley/ Grimston).
(If necessary the restriction could run for a maximum period of 18 months from the date of the Order).
Penalty: £1000 maximum fine on conviction and/or endorsement for contravention.
In the event of the start date being delayed the new start date will be displayed on site in advance.
The person dealing with enquiries at Norfolk County Council is Adrian Stout (Community and Environmental Services) Telephone 0344 800 8020.
Dated this 20th day of December 2019
Latest Consumer Alerts and Trading Standards news
We’re highlighting the following consumer news and scams:
- Rogue Trader Alert – Doorstep Cold Callers selling household cleaning products
- Rogue Trader Alert – Door to door fish sellers
- Scam Alert – Telephone cold calls claiming to be from ‘BT’ stating ‘your BT line will be closed within the next 24 hours’
- Scam Alert – Emails claiming to be from ‘Amazon’
- Food Alert – Hipp UK is recalling Hipp Organic Combiotic First Infant Milk Starter Pack, 6x90ml because some packs do not mention the presence of fish oil on the outer box, due to a packaging error. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to fish
- News Alert – Are you or someone you know inundated with Scam Calls? Apply for a free call blocker
- Cold Calling Alert – Doorstep cold callers implying affiliation with Norfolk Fire & Rescue Service
- Scam Alert – Telephone cold calls about ‘Flu Jabs’
- Scam Alert – ‘Missed Call’ scams
- Rogue Trader Alert – Doorstep cold caller offering ‘Tree & Garden Work’
- Food Alert – Birds Eye recall specific batch codes of packs of their ’50 Chicken Nuggets’ as they may contain small pieces of plastic
Email scams and phishing alerts
Look out for the following email scams which are circulating:
If you receive one of these emails delete it without clicking on any links in the message. You can report scam emails to Action Fraud, details below.
Reporting any scams you receive can help to build up intelligence on the scammers and how they target people. You can report scams to:
Fishing at Scotsman’s Pit commences on the 16th of June 2019
Letter from Houghton Hall regarding Music Festival August 2019: